Accessibility Statement for www.mbwales.com
About this website
This website is run by a group of Private Mountain Biking Centres, Local Authorities, Protected Landscapes and National Organisations. We want as many people as possible to be able to use this website. For example, this means you should be able to:
- Zoom in up to 300% without the text spilling off the screen
- Navigate most of the website using just a keyboard
- Navigate most of the website using speech recognition software
- Listen to most of the website using a screen reader
We have also made our website text as simple as possible to understand, and used consistent layouts to avoid complexity.
AbilityNet has advice on making your device easier to use if you have a disability
This is an external website and the link will open in a new window.
How accessible this website is
We know some parts of this website are not fully accessible.
- Content and functionality provided by third party suppliers are not fully accessible
- Some of our online forms are not fully accessible
- Most older PDF documents are not fully accessible to assistive technology
- Interactive maps are difficult to navigate using a keyboard only
- Interactive maps do not include sufficient button labelling or colour contrast
Feedback and Contact Information
If you need information on this website in a different format like accessible PDF, large print, or easy read, please contact us:
Or visit / write:
c/o Antur Stiniog
Llechwedd Slate Caverns
Gwynedd, LL41 3NB
If you need directions, please call or email us.
We will consider your request and get back to you within 10 days.
Reporting accessibility problems with this website
We are always looking to improve the accessibility of this website. If you find any problems not listed on this page, or have suggestions for how we can improve the accessibility on this website, please us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are not happy with how we respond to your complaint, please contact the Equality Advisory and Support Service (EASS). (https://www.equalityadvisoryservice.com)
This website is partially compliant with the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines version 2.1 AA standard, due to the non-compliances and exemptions listed below.
The content listed below is non-accessible for the following reasons.
Non-compliance with the accessibility guidelines:
- Some images do not have a text alternative. We plan to add text alternatives to all our images by 1st January 2021. When we publish new content we will make sure all our images meet accessibility standards.
- Some areas of colour contrast do not meet accessibility requirements. We plan to adjust colour contrasts to meet accessibility standards by 1st January 2021.
- Maps are difficult to navigate using a keyboard only.
- Some of our PDFs and Word documents published after 23 September 2018 do not meet accessibility standards. When considering whether we can provide the information in an accessible format, we will assess:
- how much the work would cost and the impact that carrying out the work would have on us
- how much users with a disability would benefit from us carrying out the work
- Some third party software does not meet accessibility standards. We plan to implement accessibility updates as soon as they are available from the developer.
- Some of our forms are difficult to navigate with assistive technology.
What we are doing to improve accessibility
This website is currently undergoing accessibility improvements, and an updated Accessibility Statement will be published in January 2021.
Preparation of this accessibility statement
This statement was prepared on 21st September 2020. It was last reviewed on 21st September 2020.
This website was last tested on 21st September 2020. The test was carried out by Artychoke.
We used this approach to decide on a sample of pages to test: A cross-section of page types, with a high level of traffic on the website.